Thursday, January 17, 2013

CHANNELING: Edita Vilkeviciute



So, I am currently in that distressing period between ordering some amazing pieces online and waiting for the UPS man to grace my doorstep (ssense.com’s 70% discounts are from another planet and I’m only human).  Unfortunately, this period always seems to last a few days too long resulting in a lot of pacing, stress eating, and finally a trip to my other favorite online destinations—Shopbop, Zara, and of course Topman (because you can never have enough boyfriend t-shirts. BTW I’m starting to think my style comes from my lack of a love life. I buy men's clothing instead of finding a man to steal clothing from which would be cheaper…and overall more satisfying).  But I digress, this second shopping trip usually results in me buying items I don’t really need, paying extra for express shipping, and the day after this impulse purchase my long-awaited package finally arrives (which is just rude).  In an attempt to interrupt this bad habit, I’ve decided to put together a “Get this Look” post.  

I’m obsessed with the Patrick Demarchelier shoot in this month's Vogue Spain.  I’m totally into the mixing of different textures and patterns, but I can never seem to make it look as effortless as the pros (in this case, Belén Antolin).  All of these looks inspire me to try a little harder (New Year’s Resolution #2, perhaps).  

Here is my (imperfect) attempt to replicate one of Antolin's incredible creations: 

1. Richard Chai Love Oversized Seamed Blazer
2. Sonia Rykiel Lace Blouse
3. Joe's Jeans Skinny Lunar Dye Velvet Pants
4. Joomi Lim Let Them Eat Cake Necklace
5. Michael Kors Chain Logo Lock Belt
6. Belle Noel Glam Rock Ring
7. Fendi Deco Patent Leather Peep Toe Bow Pumps

PS – I currently have everything on the list sitting in my shopping bag…ugh.  

Should I “proceed to checkout”?  Bad influences are always welcomed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment