Saturday, February 2, 2013

BECAUSE IT'S SUPER BOWL EVE AND I LIVED IN LA...


1. Jalapeno Poppers from Happy Healthy Life
2. Buffalo Cauliflower Wing Pizza with Tofu Blue Cheese Spread from Keepin' It Kind
3. Black Bean Chili Dip from Oh She Glows (my favorite vegan cooking blog)
4. Warm “Vegveeta” Cheese Sauce from Dreena Burton's Plant-Powered Kitchen

Those of you who know me or follow my Instagram (victoriacrwfrd) may know I've been moseying along the wellness path for about 2 years now.  Granted, I've had several...err "cheat days" all of which generally could be listed under one of three categories: food storage prior to a night of anticipated debauchery, late-night pizza after a night of debauchery, or brunch the morning after a night of debauchery. Nevertheless, I have gone from eating healthy because, "it's LA and everyone is doing it", to eating healthy because, "it's LA and everyone is so tiny", to finally, "I actually feel better when I eat healthy…plus I'm moving back to Chicago and it's my strange way of feeling like I'm still part of LA."   Since this latest revelation, I have been slowly domesticating myself by learning how to cook healthy (mostly vegan and gluten-free) recipes.  Whether it's my way of coping with the cognitive dissonance I feel when a night of debauchery is in my horizon -- "I want to eat healthy tonight but salad just doesn't mix well with vodka…plus, the drink has cucumbers in it so…I'll cook something healthy tomorrow"-- or just a way to feel like, despite my 20-something habits, I am on my way to becoming an adulthere is my Super Bowl Vegan-friendly menu for tomorrow's commercials, I mean game.  

And in case you were wondering, yes, today was a cheat day. 

Until tomorrow! x x 



No comments:

Post a Comment